Do you change phones whenever there’s a new one in the market? While some change their phone just to experience better performance, some replace their broken phones with a new one, and others change phones to experience something unique regarding interface and the build quality.
With the great influx of new phones dropping in the market consistently; buying phones has become as easy as clicking a button, if you have sufficient budget. However, there is one problem that almost all smartphone users face: the transferring of files problem. Some call it a tedious process while those who keep changing their phones for a new one seem to have nailed the art of cloning from one device to another.
Worry not! I will be discussing with you some easy and quick ways to clone your old phone’s data to your new phone. I will be sharing a list of apps which will help you in cloning your device, be it an Android user or an iPhone user. I will further be sharing you the link to download the apps as and when I mention their uses. Note that the steps involved in transferring files varies from device to device. Whether you are cloning from Android to iPhone, iPhone to Android or Android to Android, each entails a whole different procedure.
So to enable easier understanding; I will be breaking up the points such that you will find it easier to move your files.
Also, Read; Instagram Private Profile Viewer? Possible?
Clone from Android to Android
Bored of using the same old android device? Bought a new one? Well for android users cloning isn’t that hard when compared to the iPhone method of transferring. I will be listing you the apps I used to clone my android phone to another android.
Also, Read; Top 10 Apps You Should Have In Your Smartphone
Cloning with CLONEit
Do you hate the hassle of wires connecting your old phone and your new phone to your PC? With CLONEit, you can do it wirelessly, all you need is your old and new smartphone connected via this app and follow these simple steps:
- Download “CLONEit” from the Play Store by clicking on the link given below.
- Open the app on both the android devices, Tap on the Sender option from your old phone and then tap ‘Receiver’ on your new phone.
- The Receiver will automatically start searching for Sender device. All you have to do is connect to the Sender’s device via WiFi hotspot and verify the connection.
- After the Receiver’s name is visible on the Sender’s phone, You have to tap on the Receiver’s device name. The Sender has to tap on ‘OK’ button to send a connection request.
- After getting connected, the Sender has to select the files and folders. If you do not want to pick all the files, You can also Select files individually.
- Once you are done with the selection of files, you can now start the transferring by tapping on Start, to begin the cloning process.
CLONEit is a free app, which connects two users through WiFi hotspots. It also features auto install which lets you install apps automatically by just one tap. It secures your privacy by not uploading your data to the cloud.
Once you transfer the messages from your old device to new one, CLONEit can be your default messaging app, but you can change it anytime you want. From personal experience, I would recommend that you skip contact transfers as I had the issue of duplicate contacts on my new phone.
Download CLONEit Link
Cloning with Google Drive
Did you know that you can use Google Drive to clone your android phone? I didn’t as well.
Google Drive uses your Google account to save your data in the cloud and can also be used to backup and restore all kinds of data. You should initially grant Google Drive the permission to access and collect your data on cloud automatically.
Here are the steps you need to consider while using Drive.
- Go to Settings-> Backup & Reset on your old Android phone. Tap “On” on the backup my data option.
- Verify the account on which you are about to backup your data. Turn on Automatic Restore.
- Turn on your new device after completing the backup from your old phone.
- After switching to your new device, log in with the account you used for backup of your data.
- After signing in the new device, it will automatically take a backup of your files. Just select the recent file backup.
- You now have the option to choose files that you wish to transfer, by selecting these apps you just have to tap on Restore to successfully clone your device.
Although Drive uses a lot of space on your device, it still is a better option to consider if you are not around your old phone (in case of theft).
Also Read: Andro Dumpper-Why & How To Get?
Cloning from Android to iPhone
Well, get ready for a massive change in your life regarding technology.
I will not ask you who or what prompted you to get this kind of change in your life.
Changing a phone in the early 2000s was easy as they were not many phones concerning the options we have today. The significant difference involves what suits you the best?
If you are a newbie to the iPhone world, i would suggest you follow these simple steps with the help of some apps available.
Also Read: Top Tips & Tricks For Line Messenger App
Cloning with “Move to iOS.”
Move to iOS is a free app available in the Play store.
- Switch on your new iPhone and then follow the instructions as and how they appear on the screen.
- In the Apps & Data section, there will be the option called “Move data from Android’ tap on this option. Then it will ask you to download Move to the iOS app on your Android device.
- After installing the app on your android phone; it will ask you to enter a code
- Now get back to the iPhone which will display a verification code
- Now manually enter the code on the Android device, now both the devices are connected to the same network.
- A screen appears which asks you to choose the things you want to send it to your iPhone
- After selecting the items, you wish to save, tap Next to start the process of transferring
- After the transfer is complete, you will be asked to log in to your Gmail account. Now after the login, check the folders to see your data transfer successfully.
Download “Move to iOS” Link
Cloning with Shareit
Shareit is by far the easiest and the most common way of transferring files.
- Install Shareit on both the Android and iPhone devices
- Allow Shareit to access folders on both devices
- Open the app on an android phone, then tap on Send
- Select the files you want to send,
- After selecting the files, Tap again on send to start transferring the files
- Tap on the receiver’s Avatar when you find your iPhone
- Then you are all ready to move your files
Download Shareit Link
Cloning via PC (Music & Video)
If you are on a slow network on your phone, try connecting your phone with your PC. Cloning using PC is faster when compared to other options.
- Connect your android phone to your PC. Copy your media files to the computer
- Install iTunes on your PC, Run it and get your iPhone connected to your PC with the help of a USB cable
- Click File->Add Folder to Library in the iTunes Window. Paste the files you want on your iPhone
- Select iPhone under devices to find your phone
- By clicking on Music tab, you are now able to access the playlist
- Choose what music you want on your iPhone and then click on Apply to save it on your iPhone
- For videos click on Movies or TV shows. After selecting the files, Click on Apply
Now watch your favorite shows, movies, and videos on the go.
Cloning from iPhone to Android
If this is the first time you are using an Android and have just moved from iPhone to Android; worry not!
I will be guiding you so that this process becomes a lot easier.
Clone with Syncios Data Transfer Tool
This software is available to download on the internet for free. These steps will help you transfer your data quick and easily.
- Install Syncios Data Transfer Tool on your PC
- Connect both Android and iPhone devices to your PC
- A window opens, showing both the devices connected. On the left, it will be your iPhone, and on the right, you will have your new Android Phone, and in the middle, there are the folders you want to transfer.
- Click on the folders you wish to transfer. It lets you move all the files from Contacts, call logs, app and all kind of media files.
- After selecting the files, you just need to click on the Start Copy option.
- A new dialog box appears showing you the Progress bar with the file’s name that is getting transferred.
- DO not to remove both the phones while transferring the files.
Transferring contacts to android phone:
- In the search box type icloud.com, log in with your iCloud account
- The contact folder appears. Click on All contacts, click on the icon located at the bottom left of the page.
- A small popup message appears, Select Export as Vcard, choose a location to save the file.
- Now download the file ending with .vcf, Now transfer it to your android phone.
- Now on your android phone, open Contacts and then tap on the Menu button.
- Select Import/Export, tap on Import from storage.
- Now choose the downloaded file iCloud(.vf)
Voila, All your contacts have now been copied to your Android device
Cloning iPhone to iPhone
Now I will be guiding through some of the steps to transfer files from your old iPhone to a new iPhone. All you need to is follow these easy steps to get going with your new iPhone.
- Connect your old iPhone to the internet (Best to use WiFi)
- Tap on the Settings icon on the Home screen.
- Head on to iCloud and then tap on Backup.
- Now boot your new iPhone, choose Restore from iCloud backup at the System Assistant place
- Log in with your iCloud account and select backup of your Old Phone, Click Restore to get the files on your new iPhone.
- After the restoring process is complete, your iPhone will now restart
- Connect your new iPhone to iTunes to get the data from your media files.
All the steps I have mentioned above have to be done with some care. Do not be in a hurry while transferring files as you might end up losing all your valuable data. I personally feel that cloning by connecting your old and new phone is not burdensome at all. However, some cite that connecting and cloning by using PC is easier.
The feeling of a new phone is special, and I hope you clone your old phone easily by following any of the various methods I have listed. Let me know if you have any questions regarding the cloning procedure. If you find a better way of cloning, share and mention it in the comments section below