The world is witnessing an easy way of getting connected to their loved ones and with the means of phones, it is becoming more convenient. And since the inception of smartphones powered by the internet the connections are getting stronger.
Smartphones are perhaps first in terms of the connectivity technology and when compared with the likes of tablets and PCs we are surrounded with, it is easily compatible and way more user-friendly.
If you look at the other side, a smartphone isn’t just about connecting people instead provides various other facilities and some of it we have listed below.
What does a smartphone do?
The introduction of smartphones has made millions of people across the globe to access knowledge and information right from their fingertips.
Smartphones take care of your fitness as well by helping out in workouts and tracking the amount of sleep you require and how long you’ve been sleeping. With the numerous apps available for download you are in for some serious fitness tips.
Phones have revolutionized the way of interaction and are allowing people to make calls and see the ones they are speaking to with real-time video calling using the front-facing camera. And hence these are just a few of the things that a smartphone allows one to do rather than just staying connected with friends and members of the family.
Here in this article, we will talk about how to get your job done of transferring files from one AT&T smartphone to another with the help of AT&T Mobile Transfer application. Before taking you to the procedure of transferring files, have a look at what actually is AT&T.
Also known as AT&T Mobility, is one of the largest service providers in The United States including Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. In 2007 when AT&T Mobility was acquired by Cingular, it decided to re-brand and call itself as ‘AT&T’.
AT&T like most other network providers is also offering 4G networks along with LTE(Long Term Evolution) technology. 4G and LTE are both the next step for technology in making fast speed connections to the internet.
AT&T’s first smartphone was based on Android operating software, the Motorola Backflip which launched in 2010. Initially, AT&T did not allow non-market apps to be installed on the phone but in the year 2011, it authorized the current and the upcoming phones to install the unofficial applications.
Although AT&T’s first iPhone came in the year 2008, the iPhone 3G which was launched in 2007 could make it to their platform only after Verizon introduced the iPhone under its network. The Windows Operating system is not be left behind as AT&T along with Microsoft released three phones, HTC Surround, Samsung Focus and LG Quantum in November 2010.
AT&T also provides insurance for its customers be it in case of loss or any accidental damage to the phone. And regarding the insurance claims AT&T has certain policies to it like customers are to pay certain fees for every time they make an insurance claim. AT&T only allows customers only to two claims for a period of 12 months.
And let’s move to the crux of the article, the AT&T Mobile Transfer. Get to know about the features and the steps for transferring contents from one cell phone to another.
AT&T Mobile Transfer
AT&T Mobile Transfer gives a smartphone a nice and comfortable way to transfer all the contents from an old phone to a new phone. AT&T Mobile Transfer is a free application allows one to transfer files from contacts to music and much more all under one app.
This app is available under the category ‘Productivity’ and to download we have provided with the link in the ‘Steps’ section. The application was launched in 2014 and since then has over 50,00,000+ downloads on the Play Store and is ranked 30 in utility section from iTunes.
So let us start with the process of transferring from your old phone to the new phone. AT&T Mobile Transfer is perhaps the easiest and the quickest solution to move files from an old smartphone to a new one. It allows seamless transfer from an Android to Android and also from an iPhone to Android too. And allowing data transfer to iCloud and Google Backup conveniently.
How to use the AT&T Mobile Transfer?
Using the app is quite simple when compared to other transferring applications available on the Play Store and in iTunes. Here follow these simple steps.
- Download the app by clicking on the link below and follow the simple steps listed below.
For Android click here.
For iOS click here.
- Connect your old smartphone to the new smartphone to the same WiFi Network, now open the AT&T Mobile Transfer application on both the smartphones.
- Now as you open the app in your Old phone, “From this Phone” pops up on the screen and it will direct you to with steps and follow it up with a Barcode. The Barcode will help you in transferring the contents.
- Next up is to check with your new phone, “To this Phone” will appear on the new phone’s screen. A Barcode reader will follow up once you are done with the steps, this will enable you to start transferring.
- The last step is to scan the code on your old phone and from the code reader which appears on the new phone. And now you’ll find that both the devices are linked.
Transfer from an Android to iPhone
This is perhaps the biggest change you are including in your life by changing to a completely different operating system. To have the important contents from your old Android phone to the new iPhone that you just brought, you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Connect both of your phones to the same WiFi networks.
- Now download AT&T Mobile Transfer application on both the phones.
- On your old Android device, tap on “From this Phone” which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Allow the app to scan the device by granting the permission to access the contacts and other media files.
- The app will display a QR code and keep this screen active as this will be used to read on the new iPhone.
- Open the AT&T Mobile Transfer application on the iPhone.
- Tap on “To this device” which is displayed at bottom of the screen, now you will be asked to enter your AT&T phone number
- After entering the phone number, a screen appears which allows you to read the QR code, aim at the code to pair with the device.
- Now you will be provided with some basic set of options to transfer the files. You can select the files all at once or choose them one by one. The app also tells you the estimated time required for the process to complete.
- And the last step is, after you are done with selection tap on the “Transfer” icon at the top right corner of the screen. Once this process of transferring begins, you can also see the progress and also stop it anytime during the process by tapping on “Stop”.
Backup of files
Backup of files is necessary and must for transfer files to a new phone from an old phone. To start transferring files you need to first take a backup on your old phone so that you avoid the case of missing files.
Follow these simple steps to start backing up.
- Firstly, check whether both of your devices are compatible with this application.
- Next step is to send a message TRANSFER to 6565, you will now receive a text message with the link to download the application.
- You can also download the app from the Amazon App Store, Play Store, and iTunes.
Data that can be transferred
AT&T Mobile Transfer will allow files like contacts, photos, videos, music, SMS, MMS, and documents. In iOS devices, you can transfer a file like contacts, pictures, and videos.
On Android phones, you can transfer contacts, pictures, video, documents, music, and SMS, MMS, and call logs. And the same goes for devices such as Amazon Fire.
- How much content can be transferred?
If you are looking to transfer data within the app then you are limited to 16 GB of data transfer. But as long as you are connected on a WiFi network then there is no limit of storage.
- What are the devices that are compatible with AT&T Mobile Transfer?
These are the following Operating systems that the app is compatible with.
iOS: 8.0 and above
Android: 5.0 and above
Windows: 10.0 and above
Amazon Fire: 5.0 and above
- I just transferred but have not received all the files, how to get the content?
If you find any of your file missing, then you can repeat the process of transferring files on both the smartphones.
AT&T Mobile Transfer avoids the duplicate data from only moving the data which was not transferred for the first time. Even though the contacts are transferred for the second time, no data will be removed.
- What happens to the content on the old phone after completing the transfer process?
The content on the old phone will not be deleted even after the transfer is complete.